Don’t hate your enemy, or you will make wrong judgment.
不要憎恨你的敵人,否則你將做出錯誤的判斷。
Don’t let anybody know what you are thinking.
不要讓任何人知道你在想什么。
You make the choice, and this is your price.
你做出了這個決定,這是你的代價。
Everything I do with my power, including something criminal, I just want to protect my family and my friends .
我以我的力量所做的一切事情,包括一些罪惡,只是為了保護我的家人和我的朋友。
I don’t care what you did is right or wrong, I want you know only me have the right to make decision, cause I am the godfather until my death.
我不關心你的所作所為是正確的還是錯誤的,我只是要你知道,只有我有權利作出決定,因為我是教父,唯有我的死亡能否定它。
I will never do anything guilty.
我永遠不會做讓自己內疚的事情。
So, love somebody else.
那么,去愛一些其他人吧。
Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
你經常跟家人呆在一起嗎?不錯。
因為不經常與家人呆在一起的男人,永遠也成不了真正的男人!
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.
我準備向他提出一個他不可能拒絕的條件。
I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men.
我費了一生的精力,試圖不讓自己變得十分粗心。
女人和小孩子們可以很粗心,但男人不會。
I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life — I don't apologize — to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those big shots. I don't apologize — that's my life — but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone. Well, it wasn't enough time, Michael. It wasn't enough time.
我從來沒有想過要帶給你這些。
我工作了一輩子,來養家糊口,我沒有道過歉,我不愿意當個傻瓜,可我總是在大人物所牽的繩子上跳舞。
我不會道歉的,這就是我的本色,不過我也想到過那一點,我想那時候是你的天下,你就是牽繩子的那個人。
考利昂參議員,考利昂州長。
好了,時間不多了,邁克爾。
時間不多了!(這是電影中,邁克接位后在花園里他的父親老教父維多的話,這也是整個電影里我覺得教父唯一的一次吐露自己真實內心的話。
其中“大人物”指美國的一些政客,維多清楚的知道他們幫助自己是為了利用他獲得政治利益,同時維多也利用他們為自己的“生意”做庇護。
顯然維多是不會甘愿做木偶的,這也成了后來電影和《教父歸來》一書的線索——邁克努力的讓所有生意合法,卻越陷越深。
“既然無論是政治人物,還是黑手黨教父都免不了被人利用,為什么還要這兩者間費力的轉化?”這個問題邁克的回答是:“這個世界,每一個人都免不了被利用!”