第一篇:A Grain of Sand
一粒沙子
William Blake/威廉.布萊克
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild fllower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
從一粒沙子看到一個世界,
從一朵野花看到一個天堂,
把握在你手心里的就是無限,
永恒也就消融于一個時辰。
第二篇:Love Your Life
熱愛生活
Henry David Thoreau/享利.大衛.梭羅
However mean your life is,meet it and live it ;do not shun it and call it hard * is not so bad as you * looks poorest when you are * fault-finder will find faults in * your life,poor as it * may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,glorious hourss,even in a * setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode;the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts,as in a * town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of * be they are simply great enough to receive without * think that they are above being supported by the town;but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest * should be more *ate poverty like a garden herb,like * not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends,Turn the old,return to * do not change;we * your clothes and keep your thoughts.
不論你的生活如何卑*,你要面對它生活,不要躲避它,更別用惡言咒罵它。
它不像你那樣壞。
你最富有的時候,倒是看似最窮。
愛找缺點的人就是到天堂里也能找到缺點。
你要愛你的生活,盡管它貧窮。
甚至在一個濟貧院里,你也還有愉快、高興、光榮的時候。
夕陽反射在濟貧院的窗上,像身在富戶人家窗上一樣光亮;在那門前,積雪同在早春融化。
我只看到,一個從容的人,在哪里也像在皇宮中一樣,生活得心滿意足而富有愉快的思想。
城鎮中的窮人,我看,倒往往是過著最獨立不羈的生活。
也許因為他們很偉大,所以受之無愧。
大多數人以為他們是超然的,不*城鎮來支援他們;可是事實上他們是往往利用了不正當的手段來對付生活,他們是毫不超脫的,毋寧是不體面的。
視貧窮如園中之花而像圣人一樣耕植它吧!不要找新的花樣,無論是新的朋友或新的衣服,來麻煩你自己。
找舊的,回到那里去。
萬物不變,是我們在變。
你的衣服可以賣掉,但要保留你的思想。
第三篇:
The * bright,the beautiful,一切純潔的,輝煌的,美麗的,
That stirred our hearts in youth,強烈地震撼著我們年輕的心靈的,
The impulses to wordless prayer,推動著我們做無言的禱告的,
The dreams of love and truth;讓我們夢想著愛與真理的;
The longing after something's lost,在失去后為之感到珍惜的,
The spirit's yearning cry,使靈魂深切地呼喊著的,
The striving after better hopes-為了更美好的夢想而奮斗著的-
These things can never die.這些美好不會消逝。
The timid hand stretched forth to aid羞怯地伸出援助的手,
A brother in his need,在你的弟兄需要的時候,
A kindly word in grief's dark hour傷慟、困難的時候,一句親切的話
That proves a friend indeed ;就足以證明朋友的真心;
The plea for mercy softly breathed,輕聲地乞求憐憫,
When justice threatens nigh,在審判臨近的時候,
The sorrow of a contrite heart-懊悔的心有一種傷感--
These things shall never die.這些美好不會消逝。
Let nothing pass for every hand在人間傳遞溫情
Must find some work to do ;盡你所能地去做;
Lose not a chance to waken love-別錯失去了喚醒愛的良機-----
Be firm,and just ,and true;為人要堅定,正直,忠誠;
So shall a light that cannot fade因此上方照耀著你的那道光芒
Beam on thee from on high.就不會消失。
And angel voices say to thee---你將聽到天使的聲音在說-----
These things shall never die.這些美好不會消逝。
第四篇
Think it over……好好想想……
Today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
今天我們擁有了更高層的樓宇以及更寬闊的公路,但是我們的性情卻更為急躁,眼光也更加狹隘;
We spend more,but enjoy less;
我們消耗的更多,享受到的卻更少;
We have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;
我們的住房更大了,但我們的家庭卻更小了;
We have more compromises,but less time;
我們妥協更多,時間更少;
We have more knowledge,but less judgment;
我們擁有了更多的知識,可判斷力卻更差了;
We have more medicines,but less health;
我們有了更多的藥品,但健康狀況卻更不如意;
We have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values;
我們擁有的財富倍增,但其價值卻減少了;
We talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much;
我們說的多了,愛的卻少了,我們的仇恨也更多了;
We reached the Moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors;
我們可以往返月球,但卻難以邁出一步去親近我們的左鄰右舍;
We have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space;
我們可以征服外太空,卻征服不了我們的內心;
We have highter income,but less morals;
我們的收入增加了,但我們的道德卻少了;
These are times with more liberty,but less joy;
我們的時代更加自由了,但我們擁有的快樂時光卻越來越少;
We have much more food,but less nutrition;
我們有了更多的食物,但所能得到的營養卻越來越少了;
These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase;
現在每個家庭都可以有雙份收入,但離婚的現象越來越多了;
These are times of finer houses,but more broken homes;
現在的住房越來越精致,但我們也有了更多破碎的家庭;
That's why I propose,that as of today;
這就是我為什么要說,讓我們從今天開始;
You do not keep anything for a special *e every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION.
不要將你的東西為了某一個特別的時刻而預留著,因為你生活的每一天都是那么特別;
Search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;
尋找更我的知識,多讀一些書,坐在你家的前廊里,以贊美的眼光去享受眼前的風景,不要帶上任何功利的想法;
Spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love;
花多點時間和朋友與家人在一起,吃你愛吃的食物,去你想去的地方;
Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival;
生活是一串串的快樂時光;我們不僅僅是為了生存而生存;
Use your crystal * not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.
舉起你的水晶酒杯吧。
不要吝嗇灑上你最好的香水,你想用的時候就享用吧!
Remove from your vocabulary phrases like"one of these days"or "someday";
從你的詞匯庫中移去所謂的“有那么一天”或者“某一天”;
Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!
曾打算“有那么一天”去寫的信,就在今天吧!
Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them;
告訴家人和朋友,我們是多么地愛他們;
Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;
不要延遲任何可以給你的生活帶來歡笑與快樂的事情;
Every day,every hour,and every minute is special;
每一天、每一小時、每一分鐘都是那么特別;
And you don't know if it will be your last.
你無從知道這是否最后刻。
第五篇
The life I desired
我所追求的生活
That must be the story of innumerable couples,and the pattern of lifeof life it offers has a homely * reminds you of a placid rivulet,meandering smoohtlythrough green pastures and shaded by pleasant trees,till at last it falls into the vasty sea;but the sea is so calm,so silent,so infifferent,that you are troubled suddently by a vague *s it is only by a kink in my nature,strong in me even in those days,that i felt in such an existence,the share of the great majority,something amiss.I recognized its social value.I saw its ordered happiness,but a fever in my blood asked for a wilder * seemed to me something alarming in such easy * my heart was desire to live more dangerously.I was not unprepared for jagged rocks and treacherous,shoals it I could only have change-change and the exicitement of unforeseen.
這一定是世間無數對夫妻的生活寫照,這種生活模式給人一種天倫之美。
它使人想起一條平靜的溪流,蜿蜒暢游過綠茵的草場,濃蔭遮蔽,最后注入煙波浩渺的汪洋大海;但是大海太過平靜,太過沉默,太過不動聲色,你會突然感到莫名的不安。
也許這只是我自己的一種怪誕想法,在那樣的時代,這想法對我影響很深:我覺得這像大多數人一樣的生活,似乎欠缺了一點兒什么。
我承認這種生活有社會價值,我也看到了它那井然有序的幸福,但我血液里的沖動卻渴望一種更桀驁不馴的旅程.這樣的安逸中好像有一種叫我驚懼不安的東西.我的心渴望一種更加驚險的生活。
只要生活中還能有變遷———以及不可知的刺激,我愿意踏上怪石嶙峋的山崖,奔赴暗礁滿布的海灘